In another major win against fake news, The Washington Post has settled with Covington schoolboy, Nick Sandmann.
The original lawsuit against WaPo was dismissed last August after a federal judge ruled that the Washington Post hadn’t slandered Sandmann in its reporting of the infamous, so-called racist “standoff” between himself and Native American, Nathan Phillips on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial.
Sandmann’s win, announced on Twitter yesterday, follows an “amendment complaint” which was put forward in October last year. According to USA Today, upon review “out of 33 statements 3 required further review,” allowing “a portion of the lawsuit to proceed.” The primary concern among these was that The Washington Post had jumped to conclusions, smearing Sandmann’s character by “conveying” that he was “engaged in racist conduct.”
The settlement leaves no doubt that Sandmann and other Covington students were the victims of malicious mass media harassment. CNN, The Washington Post and other major outlets set the narrative in stone.
Take a quick read of comments left on Sandmann’s Twitter announcement. In amongst the encouragement, it’s easy to find evidence that the MSM’s “you’re a MAGA racist” tag stuck.
One anonymous user commented, “Why don’t you split [the] settlement with the tribal elder you disrespected?” Another claimed, “Millions of us also saw exactly what you were doing, kid. Your privileged smirk was unmistakable. You should be ashamed. We saw what we saw.”
These comments were joined by one person claiming that “whenever an employer looks up your name they will see that you’re an awful person. Congrats!”
With another person stating outright, “You’re still a white supremacist, no matter how many lawsuits you file.”
You’re still a white supremacist, no matter how many lawsuits you file.— Laurie Voss (@seldo) July 24, 2020
The settlements infer guilt. The nefarious, Leftist radioactive mud still being thrown at the Covington Student/s reveal a special degree of Twitter stupidity. Sandmann’s Twitter trolls have missed the fact that two major news publications have come to a settlement with Sandmann because they lied, slandered him, and know they’d lose BIG in court because of it. People still defaming him on social media, based on what the producers of fake news are admitting was fake news, isn’t courage, it’s openly asinine.
They resemble – leapt before they looked – comments from celebrities such as Kathy Griffin, who openly called for the Covington School Boys to be doxed. The MAGA hating “star’s” expletive tweet demanding that the boys be “named” in order to shame them’ is yet to be deleted nor has Griffin issued a public apology.
Add to this list, former CNN host, Reza Aslan’s now deleted post from January 20th 2019, which read: “Honest question. Have you ever seen a more punchable face than this kid’s?”
If someone were to collate all the slander/libel thrown Sandmann’s way on Twitter. Given his current score, Sandmann would be a trillionaire in no time. This might explain his cryptic “Don’t hold your breath, Jack,” tagline to Twitter CEO, Jack Dorsey.
We have settled with WAPO and CNN.— Nicholas Sandmann (@N1ckSandmann) July 24, 2020
The fight isn’t over. 2 down. 6 to go.
Don’t hold your breath @jack.
As I said in January, this settlement isn’t just a win for Nick. This is a win against the Leftist funded, political and academic establishment. Hope is seeded here. As Dietrich Bonhoeffer, one of the most well-known political prisoners the Nazis imprisoned, and executed, once said “the only fight which is lost, is that which we give up.” [i]
Nicholas’ fight is our fight. It isn’t a hill to practice “losing gracefully” on.
[i] Bonhoeffer, D. cited by Bethge, E. 2000. Bonhoeffer: A Biography. Fortress Press, (p.907)